This one comes from my old text book from Year 10 Home Economics. Would you believe they asked us to use the The Australian Women's Weekly Basic Cookbook (1988)? It is a very basic cookbook but I have used it so often since then. It is full of simple cooking ideas. Not very imaginative, but very yummy.
So, at the very back you will find this:
Here it is. Kids can help make it too:
1 1.2 cups plain flour
1 egg yolk
2 tbs water
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 cups coconut
2 eggs. lightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1) Sift flour and rub in butter. Add egg yolk and enough water until you can press ingredients into a firm dough.
2) Knead dough gently until smooth then press into 19cm x 29 cm lamington pan. Use a flat sided glass to roll it evenly into the pan. Bake in moderately hot oven for about 20 minutes. Stand 10 minutes.
3) Spread jam evenly over pastry base.
4) Combine coconut, eggs and sugar (I add the white from the previous egg too). Mix with fork until all the coconut is moist.
5) Spread mixture over jam. Do not flatten. Bake in moderate oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan.