Wednesday, June 24, 2009

CHILLI TUNA PASTA (1)


Contributed by Maria Shevlin 

My fall back meal is also a tuna dish. Originally I made it up in my ill-spent youth when we ran out of most of our food on a yacht full of adults. 
Chilli was a big part of the recipe then and now I just put a small amount in and add it fresh at the end for some zing.

I small onion - chopped
1 large zucchini chopped
1/2 red capsicum chopped
handful of mushrooms
chilli and garlic to taste
one glass jar of tomato pasta sauce (aldi sauce is good)
I maisel stock cube
1 tin tuna in oil
1/2 piece of fetta cheese (optional)

pasta- any form
Heat up oil from tuna add onions, chilli, zucchini, capsicum and half the garlic. 
Cook until all are almost tender. 
Add mushrooms and cook a few minutes, add tuna, tomato sauce, rest of garlic, stock cubes and a little bit of water (1/4 cup). 
Simmer as pasta finishes cooking. Before serving add fetta pieces, stir through and serve over pasta.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment