Contributed By Jen McCormack
Dish historyThis recipe supplied during a Toward Health and Healing Course that I attended in 2007. It's intention was to give an example of how to use rye flour in regular cooking with children in the kindergarten. So there are lots of apples in thic recipe!
- 18 - 20 apples
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 200g butter
- yogurt to serve
- for those without nut allergies you can add half cup each of sunflower and sesame seeds
Before you begin Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter and honey on the stove, and combine with dry ingredients.
- With children, chop apples and put into two oiled glass baking dishes.
- add a dash of water to each baking dish, sprinkle apples with a handful of sultanas plus crumble mix.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until browned.
- Swap dishes about halfway through cooking to brown evenly.
- Use half a large container of yogurt in two little brown bowls to serve.