Sunday, April 18, 2010

Pumpkin and Pecan Cookies

1/2 cup coconut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup mashed pumpkin
2 1/2 cups flour (I used a combination of rice/buckwheat/besan/tapicoa)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xantham gum
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup pepitas
2 tsp pumpkin spice (mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg)
pecans


METHOD
Cream coconut butter and brown sugar together.
Add eggs, vanilla and molasses/syrup and keep beating.
Stir in mashed pumpkin.
Sift flours, baking powder, spices and xanthum gum together, then stir into mixture with the almond meal and pepitas.

Place dollops of mixture on a baking tray and position a pecan on top.
Bake in a moderate oven until cooked through.

I don't think this recipe is exactly what I did - mine turned out a bit chewy and I think I may have changed things as I wrote them down. Have a play and give me some feedback on this recipe.

They are still yummy!

I would recommend storing them in the freezer and defrosting them before you want to eat them. Like all gluten-free baked goods these are best eaten the day you make them.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy, tell me about the coconut butter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just coconut oil I think ... but it is solid I guess. Looks the same as coconut oil when it is put in the fridge

    ReplyDelete